Sunday 18 April 2010

The daleks made me do it.

Rather than bore you with all the details of why I didn't post ages earlier when I had completed this project, I'm just going to say that the daleks abducted me and I've only recently been able to escape their wrath (and their plunger things) thanks to a certain 900-year old Gallfreyian. :)

Okay, I'm completely insane.

So, about six weeks ago, I finally got round to making my first page in my gorgeous new scrapbooking journal I brought way back in January. The subject? 2009. Yes, I really should have gotten this summary page done and dusted during New Year's and not in the middle of March, but there you go!
The flower detail on the journal was drawn freehand in pencil, then redone with silver and gold markers. I used the stencils I mentioned in the previous post for the text. The journal is just a sketchbook I brought from Hobbycraft :)

Last year, I became more involved in an online community I'm a proud member of, Immeritus. In March, I was lucky enough to meet up with two of the 'old' members Winky and Dragon in London, which made my month! And at around Christmas last year, I got a card from none other but Dragon, with this photo of us! Alright, it's not the most flattering one of me, but Dragon looks amazing in it!!
I fell in love with the lovely American stamps that were on the parcel from my Immy secret santa, so I just had to include them in my summary page ^-^!
Inside my little mini-book, I pritt-sticked in recipes for gingerbread and butter cookies that I received during the Immy Christmas card swap...I've tried out both of the recipes, and the results were well worth the effort!
The scalloping and letters were rather tricky to create, but eventually I managed to create an even looking border that I was and still am happy with!

I'm rather annoyed with myself for not including anything from my stay in the Netherlands with Saskia and my other lovely friends there...I feel like a total jerk for not adding in something, even a bus ticket or flight stub. Saskia, if you're reading this, I'm sorry, and will bring you lots of doughnuts with me next time I visit you!
Since I'm off university for the next three weeks and intend to as little work concerning my degree as possible (my exams are in June, after all), I'll try to post here more frequently before the revision beast attacks me once more. Love and cookies, Becca xxx


2 comments:

  1. i love you.
    i want cookies.
    & your scrapbook is pretty. ^_^
    you whore, you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you will get cookies...or at least recipes, m'dear! I love you too, bb. And I'm glad you like my scrapbook :) xxx

    ReplyDelete