Tuesday 20 April 2010

The question game

I saw this on Rachel Denbow's blog http://racheldenbow.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-turn.html and thought I'd give it a shot since I'm not in the mood right now to go to sleep. :)

1.) When do you feel happiest?

When I'm with people I know and love (by people, I'm including my cat Clara, since she exhibits more intelligence and personality than some people do). Having good food and a cuppa tea doesn't hurt either ;)

2.) How do you take care of yourself?

Dunno...I eat a relatively balanced diet and on the whole prefer home-cooked and healthy food to greasy fast-food. While I enjoy my wine, I don't see the point in going out to get completely trashed and putting myself in potential danger as a result. I try to walk everywhere I go, which is easy when you can't drive. I love my sleep and try not to deprive myself too much of the 8 hours or so I need to function. Water and herbal teas make me happy and hydrated. I know I need to exercise and eat more to build up muscle since I'm underweight, and I'm planning to work on that :)

3.) Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated?
I'd say I'm more internally motivated than externally motivated, but I do feel that I get inspired by other people's work. At university, I have to motivate myself since I can't rely on others too much, apart from my few close friends! Chocolate and yummy food help keep me on track with my work. Each day seems to be a constant battle between my proactive side and my lazy side.


4.) What do you do for fun?
Cook food, try out new recipes, read books, writing, gardening, running, swimming, hanging out with my friends and family, making a fuss of my moggy, Clara.

5.) What intimidates you?
Exams, having too much to do without being able to look after myself, talking to men I find attractive since I turn to a blithering idiot and being in loud, cramped places that I can't walk out of.


6.) What is something you're proud of?
Not having attempted suicide in 5 years, surviving school, and getting into a good university (since some of my teachers were cynical that I'd make it, it makes me the more proud that I did it). I'm also very proud of my Mum and sisters for all that they're managed to achieve even though Dad died only two years ago. Hopefully in 5 years or so, I'll have more things to be proud of.

7.) Finish this sentence. I never... will get plastic surgery to enhance myself.

8.) Favourite vacation spot?
Australia. I've only been there once, but I loved it and cannot wait to visit this beautiful country again if I'm fortunate to get the chance.
In Britain, I'd say Cornwall and the Scottish Highlands are some of the best places for going on holiday.

9.) Today is a (rate from 1-10):
About a 4 or 5. I've had a pretty 'meh' day today, hopefully tomorrow will be better :)

10.) Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know...
That I love to eat frozen peas whilst they're still frozen...that's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment